Writer's Workshop Wednesday.

 Thursday, October 16, 2008

I wish someone had told me...
"Lighten up and stop taking yourself quite so seriously!"

As my daughter is changing every single day I need to sit back and enjoy the now moments! The hardest part for me is to stop constantly worrying about the future and live in the present. And by the future I don't mean when Tay's in college I am talking about 2 hours from now! "What is she gonna wear to bed, Is she going to go right to sleep or is she going to fight us-again-, when will she ever sleep in her own bed, and then this leads to beating my self up for being a lazy mom because I would rather all of us get sleep than fight putting Tay in her own bed. Then I question is it laziness or an excuse because I secretly LOVE having her cuddle with me at night! *SIGH*
Every once in a while I can kinda step outside myself and notice that the times I am laughing the loudest and smiling the biggest are the times that I am truly focused on what is going on directly in front of me and not what is to come later on down the road! The funny thing is the times that I am truly present are the times that I remember the most. When I let my mind wander to my "to do list" then I am not capturing the precious moments that I will remember later on in life! OK..I am done being hard on myself....But I will make an honest effort to be more PRESENT in my everyday life!
Thanks for caring,

k

7 comments:

Melissa October 16, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

Great thoughts.... I often wish I could live in the now too.. I always find myself "planning ahead"...too far ahead and then forget to enjoy what is going on right now!!

Sam_I_am October 16, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

ah, so true. We always worry about tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes. We're chasing something that's always a day away and we're so silly, because today is here and we don't have to chase it!

Lacey in the Sky October 16, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

This is a great post! I think it's something everyone can relate to! Taylor is absolutely gorgeous, btw :)

Weeksie50 October 16, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Several people have told me this.. I just tend to over look it.. and I don't want too.. I just do it..ugh.

AFRo October 16, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

I'm glad that you are honest with yourself. The best way to overcome what you view to be faults is to look at them for what they are. It appears that you're doing that.

Hang in there. I can't promise it slows down, but it certainly only gets better!

KatBouska October 18, 2008 at 11:34 PM  

You're right living in the moment is so important and sometimes we all need to remind ourselves to slow down.

But I don't know how you can sleep with a little one in your bed. It drives me nuts when mine climb in. :)

Unknown October 19, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

We all get caught up in this from time to time...I think we need that rubberband on the wrist trick to snap us back to the moment..cause they slip by wether we're looking or not...Great Post.

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP