Writer's Workshop Wednesday.

 Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's that time of the week again Mama Kat's writing assignment!
Photobucket
I remember when.......birthdays were eagerly anticipated!
I remember when the night before your b-day you could hardly sleep because tomorrow was your BIG DAY!!
I remember when the morning of your b-day arrived you were up at 4:30am because you were too excited to lay in bed any longer!
I remember when you got dressed for your b-day you had a VERY SPECIAL outfit to wear to school! It was either a brand new outfit or your absolute favorite!
I remember when you went to school you felt like Miss America because it was your special day and everyone knew it!
I remember when you went to eat lunch you always had something special in your lunch box from your mom and everyone wanted to trade with you because just for today yours was the BEST lunch EVER!!
I remember sitting in class trying to pay attention to what the teachers were trying to teach you, but did they not understand that TODAY WAS YOUR SPECIAL DAY and you could care less about what they had to say!
I remember being so thrilled that the school day was finally over and now you could go home and celebrate YOUR SPECIAL DAY the right way!
I remember everyone being extra nice to you because TODAY WAS YOUR DAY...even Sissy!
I remember going to bed that night disappointed that YOUR DAY was ending and you would have to wait an entire year before YOUR SPECIAL DAY was here again!

If you haven't guessed it today is MY SPECIAL DAY! As you can tell I am over the moon with excitement! I have lots of friends that have b-day months and b-day weeks, but I can't seem to get into all of that! I don't know why, I love my birthday just as much as the next guy, but I don't like to be in the center of attention. I am by nature a shy person so when something draws attention to me I shrink away from it! I was more nervous on my wedding day of walking down the aisle and having everyone looking at me than I was of getting married. Ha..Weird I know.
Now that I am a parent it is now my responsibility to make sure that Tay gets her SPECIAL DAY and I cannot wait to take on this job!!!
So there you have it! Hit Mama Kat's button to check out what everyone else is yakking about today!

Thanks for caring,
K

19 comments:

Tay's Mom November 20, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

HAPPY SPECIAL DAY! you did a good job with this post -- it totally made me nostalgic. for my special day, we even had a special red plate that said "you are special today" that we got to eat off of. LOVE the special day!

Diane November 20, 2008 at 10:01 AM  

Awwww... Happy Birthday!!! Great post, too :)

Anonymous,  November 20, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

Tays and yout hubby's special days are everyday with a mother like you..

LazyCrazyMama November 20, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

Happy Birthday!!
Oh I remember how special birthdays used to be :)
The older you get, the less special they get ;)

New Girl on Post November 20, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

Well happy birthday to you! I hope it's just wonderful.

I have been to New Orleans once with my husband, but it was several months ago and we didn't get to see too much.

Any inexpensive to moderate suggestions for lunch or supper? We have a few places in mind, but I welcome any other suggestions you might have!

Kelly November 20, 2008 at 4:39 PM  

Two restaurants immediatley came to mind! Cafe Maspero's and Mother's!(authentic louisana cajun food) Both a very, very low key but always crowded! So go before you are starving! Red Fish Grill is VERY good on Bourbon! Slightly higher priced, (not snotty high) but very worth it!! Oh. FYI-Cafe Maspero's only takes cash! Hope you have fun and have a hurricane at Pat o'brien's in the piano bar! And don't forget beignets at Cafe DuMonde!

Gwen November 20, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

Happy Birthday To You!!! I would sing but your ears would bleed ~ yes it is that bad!!! Great Post!! And I'm already looking forward to my birthday (January 1st) because it's my 30th!!! I will be excited this year. :) Thanks for paying me a visit today.

Los November 20, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Happy, happy birthday!!! I remember having these feelings around Christmas ... couldn't wait to get home from church so that I could (a) take off the dress clothes, and (b) start opening the presents ... those days leading up to Christmas felt like the longest days ever, didn't they?

Sometimes Sophia November 20, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

Happy Birthday. Great post. Hope you had a terrific day.

Jenners November 20, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

Happy Birthday To You! Stopping by on my tour of MamaKat's writing assignments. I remember feeling like that on my birthday and now that I am in my 40s, I still wish someone would make a big deal about my birthday...even though I tell everyone it doesn't matter.

Anonymous,  November 20, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

happy b-day! How neat is this - we're both named Kelly and we both have November birthdays. Mine's next week when I turn 31. I've always loved my b-day, but my hubby is one of those people who couldn't care less. He even forgot about it this year. lol. I can't wait ti throw my baby her first birthday party next Summer. I hope yours enjoys her special day when it comes up.

Mama Wheaton November 20, 2008 at 10:41 PM  

I love birthdays too. I try to act like it is no big deal but I love it. Happy Birthday!

Debbie November 21, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

Well, happy birthday! I hope you had great one.

Sera November 21, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

Happy birthday to you, a day late! What a cute post. I remember anticipating things like that on my birthday. Now that I'm older it sort of seems just like another day. It always ends up being special, but it just has a way of sneaking up on me.

KatBouska November 21, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

Yay!! Happy birthday! You're right that anticipation and excitement for birthdays is the best. I love watching my kids experience it now. :)

Michelle November 21, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

Happy Birthday! :)

I laughed at your comment about car phones! I didn't get a cell phone until they were small.

I thought people who carried cell phones were insane.

The Youngblood Family November 22, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

I know it is late, but Happy Birthday! :) Hope you had a great day.

LazyCrazyMama November 22, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

Just back to let you know I tagged you for a meme on my blog.

The McBee's December 1, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

what is this writers workshop wednesday? does someone give you something to blog about? i'm such an idiot to blogging.

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP