Writer's Workshop.

 Thursday, January 22, 2009

It is that time again!

The Prompts:


1.) Tell us about a memorable blind date.
A friend of mine-FRIEND set me up with a friend of her boyfriend who we will call ASS. Let me tell you that her boyfriend-ASS was not someone any of us liked. I still am not sure why I agreed with this. (Oh yeah...We were meeting up with some of our friends from college after dinner at a local bar and it was a free meal!) Anyway....ASS was one of those guys that is WAY to into himself. You know the type, when he walks past a window, a mirror or any reflective surface he checks himself out. Well ASS, we find out later was using roids, the cause of his lovely-let me pull you across the parking lot by your hair-personality, brings a friend who is just a mini-version of himself. GREAT! I am super stoked! We go eat, everything is going as well as can be expected! I am finishing with my meal and DATE asked me if I am going to finish my Chicken Parm. I said "no I am done." He proceeds to lean across me and stab my left over piece of chicken with his fork and said, "well I do need to bulk up!" WTF...are you kidding me. I could not wait to get to the bar and drink away this bad date! So we get to the bar and meet up with our friends from school and we are all dancing and doing shots, while I am doing my best to avoid DATE! When I see FRIEND, ASS and DATE all having a very serious conversation and looking at their watches. (I really didn't care what was going on he was so not my problem anymore!) I see ASS and DATE leave (thank God) and FRIEND walks up to me and tells me that ASS is bringing DATE home so he doesn't break curfew! WTF are you FREAKING kidding me! I just got set up on a date with a muscle head, food stealing, no manner having, youngin' with a curfew! Needless to say that was my first and last blind date!


2.) Other than the birth of a child or your wedding, write about a joyous moment.
March 16th 2007! It was the day Tay finally stopped crying! Tay had a terrible case of Colic! As first time parents we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into with a new born and it made it all the worse when she cried for 3 straight months! Everyone kept telling us that at 3 mos. most all babies out grow this! We were counting down the days......LITERALLY! We could not wait for her to turn that corner! On March 16th 2007 she woke up and was like a completely different baby. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, the flowers were blooming, I could stop trying to see if she would fit in the microwave (I kid...) she had stopped that painful my belly hurts cry!! It was one of the BEST days of my life! (and hers too).

Side note----yes we tried everything swinging, singing, swaddling, warm baths, walking, standing on our heads, promises of a new car, diamond tiaras....everything we could think of! Until one night I got on the Internet and typed in HELP-CRYING BABY-WON'T STOP-SOS and that day I found one of the best products EVER! Colic-Ease! Check out their site here. I will not have another baby without it and have recommended it for everyone I know that is having a baby and even some strangers!


3.) Write about one of the most difficult decisions you have made in your life.
I'll save this one for another day!
4.) Share the best picture you took last month and explain why it's your favorite.
I blog at work so I do not have much access to my pictures.


Thanks for caring,


K


Go see everyone else's pics or read about their joyous day or their memorable blind date! Push Mama Kat's button!

6 comments:

Michelle January 22, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

That date sounded hideous! All these bad date stories make me think I should work harder on my marriage. :)

Cathy January 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

LOL! I love that you called your friend's boyfriend "ASS"! I dated a "muscle head" for a while...he did not play well with others.

Sera January 22, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

DANG. And that is why I never braved going on a blind date. I am definitely going to tuck that colic ease into the back of my mind for future offspring. Things really do start looking up after those first three months, though, eh?

Sass January 23, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

Ooh, the roid boys. Not a good date.

On another note...my oldest had colic, and there was NOTHING I could do but cry with her. Until finally I learned a weird hold for her, where I held her against my arm, on her tummy, kinda like a football.

Kids are strange, aren't they?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Candice January 23, 2009 at 11:37 PM  

Yeah, the whole blind date thing never seemed like a good idea to me. I don't think I trusted my friends enough to set me up with anyone worth a damn anyway. ;)

Hollie January 24, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

what an awful dating experience! but at least it made for a memorable one!

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP