2009

 Friday, January 2, 2009

PhotobucketI am glad that we have welcomed in a New Year and put to bed everything that has happened in 2008. The biggest change in my life that occurred in 2008 was the changing of my career. I have worked in the Retail Industry for the past 5 years, and I had had enough. (Let me remind you- I HATE CHANGE! ) I have been working weekends and nights since I was 19 and wanted to spend time with my daughter and my husband at the same time! I wanted to be the one that gave Tay a bath, I wanted to be the one who put her to sleep, I wanted to be the one to help her eat her dinner. As grateful as I am to my MIL, my mom and Sissy for helping us out, I wanted to be the one doing all of the stuff they were doing! So I got my resume together and started the hunt for a new job. Since I have always worked in the Hospitality Industry I did not have the experience for a typical office job. (Hell, 8mos later and I still have issues making Fucking labels!) I could provide the best Customer Service you have ever seen, but I did not know how to make a pot of coffee. I knew how to handle an irate customer without blinking an eye, but had no idea how to input checks in to Quick Books. I could stay up for 24 hours straight putting out new product, doing inventory, checking in shipment, and training new employees, but I had no idea what A/R and A/P meant. If someone would just give me an interview they would hire me. I have a college degree, I present myself well (ie...I don't show up for a job interview with jeans and a t-shirt), I am willing to do whatever it takes to get the job right! I love to learn, so I will read and or study anything and everything I need to become a success at whatever I put my mind to. The problem was my resume could not portray what kind of person I was and that I could handle an office job. All it showed was that I had not used Excel since college in 1997, that I had never done A/R and A/P, and that I could marginally type. I just needed the interview! I have yet to go on an interview and not get the job. So the first interview I went on I got the job and now I am in an office 8-5 Monday-Friday! I got what I wanted. My boss took a chance on me because I had the education he was looking for but not the experience. It has been a rough road, my 6mos evaluation told me some stuff that I did not want to hear, but I am still here trying my damnest to impress my boss. I am not ready to accept the fact that I am not cut out for this job! I have done lots of different things in my life and I can and I will succeed at this one!

I don't make New Year's Resolutions, why set myself up to fail! Instead of a Resolution I have decided to just try and be better this year!

A better...

Mom-stop getting so aggravated when Tay throws a fit when she doesn't want to get dressed, get in the bath, eat, turn off the t.v., go to school, go to sleep, get in the car.....etc.
Wife- trying to cook once a week *gasp*, trying to find some time for Hubby and I to have a date night, even if it is once a month. I do miss our time when it is just the two of us!
Housekeeper-throw away some of the shit I have collected and hang on to because "you never know!"
Friend-invest some more time reconnecting with friends from my past. They are great people and we have a history that I do not have with other people! Reach out more to my friends that do not live here and actively participate in their lives even if it is just over the phone! I do miss y'all!
Daughter-help my parents out when and where I can
Sister-be there if and when Sissy needs someone to talk to
Employee-stop Blogging at work! (this one is gonna be the hardest)
Christian-this one should probably be #1, but I have to take baby steps where this is concerned

Writing this all out makes it seem like I have a long road ahead of me! But, no one ever said that life would be easy or fair! I have so much to be thankful for in my life and I want to be able to look back at the beginning of next year and know that I did not take for granted all my wonderful blessings.
When 2010 rolls around I want to be able to look back at 2009 and know---
~that I have stayed true to myself and am using myself to its fullest potential.
~that I did not give into my lazy slobbish tendencies all the time!
~that I did make the necessary sacrifices to make other lives better including my own.
~that I appreciated my husband and did let him know how lucky and honored I am to have him in my life.
~that I have started the process of loving myself!
~that I did take time for myself to nurture myself!
~that I fully participated in my daughter's life.
~that I remembered to thank GOD every morning and every night for giving me the opportunity to have more time with my daughter, my Hubby, my friends, and my family!
~that I did not cuss at EVERY person on the road even when they drive with their heads up their asses!
~that I tried to see the glass as half-full instead of my standard half-empty mind set!

Thanks for caring,
K

1 comments:

Sera January 5, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

I just loved this post, and I can relate to it on so many levels. The cook once a week thing is TOTALLY me. I've been feeling so crappy about that...I'm trying out the recipes from the crockpot lady - she did 365 days of crockpot stuff in 2008, and she's got some recipes for things that we will actually eat. We'll see if it works or not. I also wanted to give you props for your new adventure with your job - good for you!

In response to your post on my blog, I have learned that she will sleep an extra 2 hours in the morning if I bring her in to bed with me after I feed her. I can only imagine what this would mean for our night time sleeping, but I've been determined to keep her out of the bed. Sorry about the heel in your eye. :)

Thanks again for checking out my blog. I'm excited to read more of what you have to say in the new year!

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP