Seriously...5 years?!

 Friday, January 9, 2009

Photobucket

Today hubby and I have been married 5 years! Sometimes it feels like the time has flown by and other times I am like "only 5, it feels like 500!" We have been together a total of 11 years! Good Grief... it sounds like much longer when you see it in black and white! My wedding day was one of the BEST days of my life-EVER! It was so much fun that immediately after the wedding I decided that I wanted to do THAT every year! Well that was slightly impractical, but that just shows how much I truly loved every moment of that day/night! (Thanks Mom and Dad- I can only hope that we will be able to give Taylor what you gave us- we better start saving now!) The only regret about my wedding/reception is that we did not eat any of our food. We lived out of town so we were catching up with all of our friends and relatives most of the reception. They made us a to-go box but we were already in the limo on our way to the hotel so we were not turning around for food! We should have! I heard the food was great! Oh well...c'est la vie.

Photobucket

Everyone wants to know how you met your significant other. Well it is a kinda boring story...we hung out with the same group in college and after a process of elimination (sorry honey) we ended up together. At the time we "hooked up" I was seeing someone else.
DISCLAIMER: I was and had been in a long distance relationship with someone and during that time I dated other people but with the understanding that me and other boy would be together whenever I graduated or he got out whichever happened first. (No he was not in prison he was in the military!)
But the instant Hubby and I started dating I knew that this was going to go somewhere really special, so I immediately ended things with Military boy! I did not know that I would be sitting here 11 years later blogging about our lives, but I knew that there was a really strong connection and I would be kicking myself later on in life if I did not let myself "go there!" Well I went there and haven't looked back! Not to say that it has all been rainbows and sunshine, if I said that you would know I was lying, but it has been a pretty great ride! We have fought-I love a good fight, we have cried, and we have laughed!

Photobucket


This list is just a small portion of what we have shared in the past 11 years:

~an eviction after a SURPRISE visit-(Dad made a surprise visit and boy did he surprise me when he knew what a bong *ahem* a water pipe was) oops!-it was not mine! I swear!
~a graduation- It only took me 6 years, whatever, I couldn't decide on a major.
~7 cars-a bronco-(hated that car, we were left on the side of the interstate one too many times), a Mercedes, a 626, a 4-runner, an Altima, 2 jeeps.
~9 moves in 4 cities (The Burg, Orlando, Charleston, Louisiana- i know that la is not a city but don't want to give up all my secrets!)
~2 dogs-Smoke-I often wonder where she ended up- & Bowden,
~a divorce or two or three-not ours- former roommate, a family member and a good friend!
~so many weddings that I cannot even begin to count
~a couple of hurricanes-damn Katrina & Gustav
~a renovation-UGH,
~an addition-DOUBLE UGH,
~5 jobs-all mine,
~lots of Advil gel caps,
~too much alcohol (lesson learned no tequila EVER for hubby, btw-he still claims he was drugged!),
~tons of cab rides-thanks to that small incident with the cops,
~a couple of vacays-we should do more of these (oh yeah we need money for this)-Gatlinburg-he fished I read, Ft. Lauderdale, overnight stays across the lake, Disney, Universal Studios, Knoxville, Jamaica
~funerals-Mrs. Viola, Dee Dee, Jason, Alison, Father Joe,-thank God there have not been that many of these.
~some really good friends-(many that we are still in contact with on a regular basis, thanks to f/b, football games, cell phones
~and the BEST and BIGGEST thing we have shared in the past 11 years........TAYLOR

I cannot imagine my life without Hubby in it! He is the best husband, father, friend, brother, and son.
I am not sure exactly what I want to say today except to let Hubby know that I love him more today than I did yesterday and will love him even more tomorrow than I do today! Thank you for putting up with me and all my BS. Thank you for believing in me and in us when i find it hard! Thank you for my daughter! I love you (even if I don't always act like it!)

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Thanks for caring,

K

6 comments:

Unknown January 8, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

AGHHH, Kelly! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Dear! The pictures are so lovely :)

And YES, yes they are tight rolled. ICK.

Anonymous,  January 9, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Thanks for making me cry!

Anonymous,  January 9, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

Beautiful!

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous,  January 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

Congrats to two of my most favorite people in the world; love yall

tiarastantrums January 10, 2009 at 12:01 AM  

great post - lovely wedding photos - Happy 5th year!

Candice January 12, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

What an adorable couple!

Happy anniversary!!

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP