Ode to the letter "L" Part 1

 Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Last year....actually about 3 weeks ago I volunteered to do a "letter" for a post! Sera gave me the letter L! I have actually been working on it for about 3 weeks but something else always came up.....daughter's 2nd birthday, Christmas, new year's, anniversary. I figured I would hurry up and post this before Mardi Gras!

Ode to the letter L-
(I am suppose to pick 10 things, I love/like, that start with the letter L and post)
*I was having so much fun and did not want to make this a marathon post so I am splitting it up into 2 different days.....Come back tomorrow and see the rest!*

LEMON DROP SHOTS-
Photobucket
Some of my best memories or fuzzy memories from college involve these shots! Re and I use to do these every time we went out!! I can say that when a bastard bartendar serves it to you HOT you wanna hurl on their shoes! Re-remember doing about a million of these in Kats miniature apartment?!

LEFT EYE LOPEZ- aka Lisa Nicole Lopes
Photobucket
"Lisa Nicole Lopes (May 27, 1971 – April 25, 2002), better known by her stage name Left Eye, was a Grammy Award-winning American rapper, singer-songwriter, teen idol, and member of the popular R&B group TLC.
Lopes contributed her own self-written raps to many of TLC's popular singles, including "Waterfalls" and "No Scrubs". Lopes was also a self-taught keyboardist and displayed those talents during her solo spot on TLC's headlining concert performances. She was also known for wearing a pair of glasses with a condom in place of the left eye lens in the beginning of her career, which was one of the ways the group promoted safe sex.[1]" Borrowed from Wikipedia




I think because I grew up in the 80's and 90's I have a complete weakness for TLC! Their music can really bring up some memories from a LONG time ago!!

LEONARDO DICAPRIO-
Photobucket
Enough said!.

LOUISIANA COOKING-
Photobucket
Pinch the tails, suck the heads! If you have never been fortunate enough to attend and eat some of the best food in the world....crawfish, then you have no idea what I am talking about!! I cannot wait until the first one of the season!
Photobucket
Red beans and rice with cornbread! A Monday night tradition in these parts of the woods!
Photobucket
Seafood gumbo with out a doubt is best cooked by my father! or even sausage and chicken--A personal favorite!


LABYRINTH- This was one of my fav.o.rite. movies when I was younger. "Labyrinth is a 1986 fantasy film, directed by Jim Henson, produced by George Lucas, and designed by Brian Froud. Henson collaborated on the screenwriting with children's author Dennis Lee and Monty Python alumnus Terry Jones. The leads are David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King, and Jennifer Connelly as Sarah Williams. The plot revolves around Sarah's quest to rescue her little brother from the Goblin King while trapped in a world that is an enormous otherworldly maze. Most of the other significant roles are played by puppets or by a combination of puppetry and human performance. It was shot on location in New York and at Elstree Studios in the UK. It was the last feature film directed by Henson before his death in 1990."-borrowed from Wikipedia
If you have not seen this movie you need to go out and find it and watch it as soon as possible. I'm almost positive you can get it on DVD and won't have to dust off the VCR-if you haven't thrown it away by now!
Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket




Thanks for caring,

K
Don't forget to come back tomorrow and see the rest of list! If ya want.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  January 13, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

Yes! You can get the Labyrinth on DVD...my boyfriend and I both own a copy.

Anonymous,  January 13, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Holy Cow do I remember Lemon Drops in that small apartment of Katrina's- gosh she had alot of apartments huh? Good TIMES! I cant wait to do a lemon drop at Mardi Gras!! We have done several ont the desk in the room at the Intercontinential in our day too :)!!!

Unknown January 13, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

Ooooh! I'm so excited to see the rest of the list - I loved this and I'm so glad you played. Alright, so your TLC tribute - LOVED it. And now I've got "Creep" stuck in my head...."So I creeeep, yeahhh." Brings back memories for me, too. I loved TLC. I think that's when my secret love of hip hop started. And hello! LABRYNTH? LOVE it! Except I'm pretty sure I should have gotten therapy after seeing David Bowie in those horrifyingly tight pants.

Jenners January 14, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

My goodness! It must have taken you so long because of all those links and videos! Good lord you are an overachiever on this!

Cool list! I love TLC and was sad when Left-Eye died.

And great photo of Leo. Sometimes he looks to babyish for me but he seems like all man there. Yum!

Candice January 14, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

I'm hungry now. Thanks alot!!

I'm actually allergic to crawfish, so I've never been able to partake in my parents huge ass crawfish boils, but I eat the hell out of the corn and potatoes!

Oh, Dicaprio looks pretty edible in that picture as well. ;)

jori-o January 15, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

OOOh! I remember Labyrinth! I loved/hated that movie...I had a baby brother at teh time that it came out, so I remember being SO MAD at the girl for being mean to the baby in the first place!!

PS--Buck the Hitch Deer would LOVE to visit you, I just need your mailing address...email me! =)

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP