Writer's Workshop Wednesday.

 Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am participating in MamaKat's Writing Workshop.
It is going to be hard for me to only list 10 of my absolute worst pet peeves: But here goes. (these are in no particular order of annoyance) Just a heads up....I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 12 years so....grab a snack and a LARGE drink sit back and enjoy, this may take all night!

1. Popping chewing gum in public! I worked in the retail world for many, many moons and it always blew my mind the number of women who A. walk around chewing gum like a cow chewing cud.-that was for you Dad, and B. pop it over and over like it was there job! UGH!! It makes my skin crawl! Please mother's of daughters let your little girls know how tacky and classless they appear when they do this!

2. Just because we talk slow in the south does not mean that we are STUPID! or that our brains are any slower than yours! I worked at a resort in Orlando and was fortunate to meet lots of different people from all walks of life. Along with meeting some very interesting people and learning about different cultures I also got to meet many people from North of the Mason Dixon Line (yankees...shhhh..) On our name tags it listed where we were from, well, THANKS MR. MARRIOTT, everyone seemed to have a pre-conceived notion of what Louisiana is all about!

FYI-We do have electricity, running water-in our houses, Universities, and hell some of us even wear shoes, my Daddy did not molest me, and I did not give birth to my uncle's baby...even though his name is Bubba! Ha... True..Oh, and not all of us are racist!

3. Leaving the toilet seat up! I am very fortunate that husband NEVER leaves the toilet seat up, but he comes from a large family of boys; and lets just say that I can always tell when they have been to my house! Thanks Dad for ALWAYS putting the toilet seat down. You were outnumbered but Thanks all the same!

4. Putting dirty socks in the clothes hamper balled up and inside out! UGH. They will never get clean like this! STOP IT FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!

5. Soccer Moms who drive a Tank that could hold the partridge family, the Brady bunch, and still have available seating room and cannot park. If you need to pull in, then pull out, pull in, and then pull out one more time to fit in between the lines obviously you need to GET OFF OF THE PHONE AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

6. The people who do not use a blinker, or the ones who leave it on for miles and miles and miles! This just drives me bonkers! Which leads me to my next Pet Peeve.......

7. Rudeness. There is a difference between being rude for spite and rudeness that is justified! If the 16 year old at the Gap gives you attitude, feel free to give to right back. But to the women and men who feel that the only way to get anything done in this world is to be a snot, let me tell you that people would be more willing to help you out a little bit more if you would take that sick out of your ass. I am sorry that you are having a bad day and your husband is cheating on you and your children can't stand you, but that is really no reason for you to holla at me because you thought we took coupons from 2002. Not my problem....

8. Just because I may look young does not mean that I am STUPID!! Enough said.

9. Daddy's who do not participate in their children's lives. Where is it written that it is okay for some Daddy's in the world to have absolutely no idea what is going on in their children's lives. Just because you work out of the home and bring home a paycheck does not make you supreme ruler of the universe. I guarantee you that you could not in a million years do all that a SAHM does! Not only do we have to take care of the child/ren but we also have to take care of the pets, the household, and last but not least you! If you want to be just a sperm donor go to the clinic! FYI- this is not me I work outside the home and my husband is an active participant in my daughter's life. But the more mamas and daddys I am around the more I see that this arrangement is few and far between and I need to appreciate his ass a little more *GASP* did I just write that!?

10. DOG HAIR!! Every other day I could make a small dog with the amount of dog hair that is tumbling through my house! I just don't understand how one dog could possibly have SO much hair! It is everywhere! There is so much that I am beginning to ask questions, like "is there something wrong with him?" "Does he do this on purpose?" When we leave the house does he just shake and scratch for hours on end just to let the fur fly? What they hell do I do? Is there anyone on eBay that would buy used dog hair? If so I would be a Billionaire!

11. CHILDREN WHO ARE RUDE TO THEIR PARENTS!! I know the rules say 10 but I could not let this one pass. I hope it is not due to the fact that I am getting older but where is the RESPECT? The retail company that I worked 5 years for targets the 15-25 year olds; So I got to see alot of daughters showing their ass all over the store. Moms and sometimes Dads would take their daughters and sons shopping and spend several hundred dollars on their children and as they get to the counter to pay the children would be complete and total shits to their parents! I can honestly say that if I had behaved in the manner that some of these kids behaved (in public-I did have a smart mouth in private)I would not be getting any of those clothes and we would be shopping at Wal-Mart for a long time! But not these parents they go ahead and make their purchases why "Buffy" talks on her iPhone sipping her Starbucks talking about "how stupid my mom is!" *GASP* Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME?!

Sorry about 11. being so LOUD but I tried and tried to get it smaller but it would not work!

Thanks for caring,
K
Check out what everyone else has to say. Click on Mama's losing it button!

21 comments:

Melissa November 6, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

I hate the socks thing too... I can't get my boys to consistently flip their socks right side in.... arrggghh!!
And agree about the repectthing... children these days are allowed to get away with anything and are taught to "run the show". I believe this stems from not being taught to R-E-S-P-E-C-T their elders!!

Diane November 6, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

LOL... so, tell me how you REALLY feel ;)

Ashley November 6, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

Hahaha! I loved your list!!! Some of those were on my list of grievances. It was hard for me to narrow it down to just. I'm sure I could of blogged 20, possibly 30. Lol.

Kristin November 6, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

I loved your list. I forget the sock thing. Drives me nuts!

Michelle November 6, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

I couldn't agree! Rude kids annoy me the most.

Jen November 6, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

I so agree with your list and the last one, had to be loud. Hopefully those parents and kids heard it.

Los November 6, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

I agree totally with the "People from the South" comment ... we in Philly just won a World Series title with our coach, who is from the South, who many people thought was stupid ... but realized how smart he actually is.

Mama Dawg November 6, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

Yay! Another Dixie chick! I love, love, love that there's another one of us out here. I'm from MS originally but just moved from New Orleans back to MS. I'll be back!

Heather November 6, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

Loved your WHOLE list! I totally get what you mean about making another dog out of the shed hair. At least my dog only weighs 16 pounds. (From the hair you'd think he was at least 160. I had a golden retriever for 16 years...I think about all of THAT hair and shudder!!)

LazyCrazyMama November 6, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

Love the list!! I identify with many of them! Especially the socks one!!

Amy McMean November 6, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

I hate when i don't catch the balled up sock before it goes in the washer and dryer and when i'm getting the dry stuff out i find it and it's still wet. AHHH

Heather November 6, 2008 at 3:03 PM  

Hey now...easy on the whole "cheering for LSU" to an avid Alabama fan!! :)
Have fun at the game!!

Kelly November 6, 2008 at 3:04 PM  

HA HA - I say the SAME thing about my dog all the time. I could build a shar pei every day. He's getting a shave down tomorrow!

tiarastantrums November 6, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

oh man - 4 & 10!!!! I will not wash socks that come to me like that!! Seriously!!

J Cosmo Newbery November 6, 2008 at 7:05 PM  

Good list. I had forgotten about those people with blinkers going (blinkin' people?). As the driver behind it really plays with your mind.

Michelle November 6, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

Hmmm. I can relate to some of these! I will admit to chewing gum on the rare RARE occasion but I only do it in my home when my jaw is bothering me. Like this morning, ironically.

And the toilet seat... we have two cats who like to drink from the bowl if it's up. If you go somewhere and the lid is closed, leave it closed when you're done. The wee ones get it, and I'm still working on my husband but he's got about a 90% hit rate. His family though? I just follow them around the whole time they visit! I forgot that one.

My parents can empathize with the dog hair. And yet another reason I don't have a dog.

Your last one? Amen. That's all I need to say, I think. :)

jori-o November 7, 2008 at 12:53 AM  

Amen sister!! Thanks for stopping by!

KatBouska November 7, 2008 at 11:44 PM  

Excuse me while I spit out my gum....yes maam.

Anonymous,  November 8, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

Amen to them all. Especially the kiddo one. Periodically cranky, hyper or moody children are one thing...but straight up rude out of control kids are another.

Shannon November 10, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

Hey! Thanks for stopping by...ditto on #2, but I'll tell you what... I just assume the rest of the world thinks we're ass-backwards and dumb so they'll stay the hell out of my town!!

Tay's Mom November 11, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

Oh my gosh. Thank you for finding me! I never knew there was someone in this world that's so much like me! A Southern Scorpio working mom with a tornado toddler named Taylor, and SEVERAL of the same pet peeves. Amazing. Love your blog. I will be following your adventures with the Tay from now on :)

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP