Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I am participating in MamaKat's Writing Workshop.
It is going to be hard for me to only list 10 of my absolute worst pet peeves: But here goes. (these are in no particular order of annoyance) Just a heads up....I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 12 years so....grab a snack and a LARGE drink sit back and enjoy, this may take all night!
1. Popping chewing gum in public! I worked in the retail world for many, many moons and it always blew my mind the number of women who A. walk around chewing gum like a cow chewing cud.-that was for you Dad, and B. pop it over and over like it was there job! UGH!! It makes my skin crawl! Please mother's of daughters let your little girls know how tacky and classless they appear when they do this!
2. Just because we talk slow in the south does not mean that we are STUPID! or that our brains are any slower than yours! I worked at a resort in Orlando and was fortunate to meet lots of different people from all walks of life. Along with meeting some very interesting people and learning about different cultures I also got to meet many people from North of the Mason Dixon Line (yankees...shhhh..) On our name tags it listed where we were from, well, THANKS MR. MARRIOTT, everyone seemed to have a pre-conceived notion of what Louisiana is all about!
FYI-We do have electricity, running water-in our houses, Universities, and hell some of us even wear shoes, my Daddy did not molest me, and I did not give birth to my uncle's baby...even though his name is Bubba! Ha... True..Oh, and not all of us are racist!
3. Leaving the toilet seat up! I am very fortunate that husband NEVER leaves the toilet seat up, but he comes from a large family of boys; and lets just say that I can always tell when they have been to my house! Thanks Dad for ALWAYS putting the toilet seat down. You were outnumbered but Thanks all the same!
4. Putting dirty socks in the clothes hamper balled up and inside out! UGH. They will never get clean like this! STOP IT FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!
5. Soccer Moms who drive a Tank that could hold the partridge family, the Brady bunch, and still have available seating room and cannot park. If you need to pull in, then pull out, pull in, and then pull out one more time to fit in between the lines obviously you need to GET OFF OF THE PHONE AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!
6. The people who do not use a blinker, or the ones who leave it on for miles and miles and miles! This just drives me bonkers! Which leads me to my next Pet Peeve.......
7. Rudeness. There is a difference between being rude for spite and rudeness that is justified! If the 16 year old at the Gap gives you attitude, feel free to give to right back. But to the women and men who feel that the only way to get anything done in this world is to be a snot, let me tell you that people would be more willing to help you out a little bit more if you would take that sick out of your ass. I am sorry that you are having a bad day and your husband is cheating on you and your children can't stand you, but that is really no reason for you to holla at me because you thought we took coupons from 2002. Not my problem....
8. Just because I may look young does not mean that I am STUPID!! Enough said.
9. Daddy's who do not participate in their children's lives. Where is it written that it is okay for some Daddy's in the world to have absolutely no idea what is going on in their children's lives. Just because you work out of the home and bring home a paycheck does not make you supreme ruler of the universe. I guarantee you that you could not in a million years do all that a SAHM does! Not only do we have to take care of the child/ren but we also have to take care of the pets, the household, and last but not least you! If you want to be just a sperm donor go to the clinic! FYI- this is not me I work outside the home and my husband is an active participant in my daughter's life. But the more mamas and daddys I am around the more I see that this arrangement is few and far between and I need to appreciate his ass a little more *GASP* did I just write that!?
10. DOG HAIR!! Every other day I could make a small dog with the amount of dog hair that is tumbling through my house! I just don't understand how one dog could possibly have SO much hair! It is everywhere! There is so much that I am beginning to ask questions, like "is there something wrong with him?" "Does he do this on purpose?" When we leave the house does he just shake and scratch for hours on end just to let the fur fly? What they hell do I do? Is there anyone on eBay that would buy used dog hair? If so I would be a Billionaire!
11. CHILDREN WHO ARE RUDE TO THEIR PARENTS!! I know the rules say 10 but I could not let this one pass. I hope it is not due to the fact that I am getting older but where is the RESPECT? The retail company that I worked 5 years for targets the 15-25 year olds; So I got to see alot of daughters showing their ass all over the store. Moms and sometimes Dads would take their daughters and sons shopping and spend several hundred dollars on their children and as they get to the counter to pay the children would be complete and total shits to their parents! I can honestly say that if I had behaved in the manner that some of these kids behaved (in public-I did have a smart mouth in private)I would not be getting any of those clothes and we would be shopping at Wal-Mart for a long time! But not these parents they go ahead and make their purchases why "Buffy" talks on her iPhone sipping her Starbucks talking about "how stupid my mom is!" *GASP* Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME?!
Sorry about 11. being so LOUD but I tried and tried to get it smaller but it would not work!
Thanks for caring,
Check out what everyone else has to say. Click on Mama's losing it button!