Writer's Workshop Wednesday.

 Thursday, November 13, 2008

It is that time again...Mama's Losin' It. Click on her button and see what everyone else wrote about. I chose "The first time you..."




The first time I.... didn't cry at a wedding was my own! I am THAT girl who is the emotional basket case at ALL weddings. Seriously, i have cried at every single wedding I have ever been to. Including the many weddings of my sorority sisters, the weddings that are taking place and everyone there knows it will end in divorce, the weddings of people that my husband know that I have only met the groom, and especially the weddings where I am a member of the "party!" At my best friend's wedding I broke the strap to my shoe 30 minutes before the wedding and had to walk down stairs in front of ALL the guests! I think it was like 400 in total. Thank God for superglue,double sided tape, and purple thread anywhoo.....I was so worried about the shoe that I did not grab any hankies for the ceremony! I ALWAYS need hankies at a wedding! So I made it down the stairs and up the aisle, thinking everything is gonna be okay, yeah no! I started crying as soon as I saw her coming up the aisle and didn't stop. Alright I can deal with tears, but then the preacher said "Let's bow our heads and pray,"
Shit....Snot everywhere! Oh well, At least I can laugh about it now!
So my hubby and I did the traditional Catholic Ceremony and at the rehearsal I could barely keep it together I was crying so much! Because of this I knew that I needed to be prepared for the ceremony. One of my bridesmaids and a good friend of mine let me borrow a hankie that was her grandmother's for the ceremony! (My something borrowed) So I was READY!! Let the cry-fest begin. SO, my father and I were in the limo on the way to the ceremony and i realized I had to pee. REALLY BAD!! You know that kinda of pee where you are rocking back and forth you have to pee so BAD! I asked my dad what do I do I have to pee. He said "Well, you're gonna have to hold it for at least 1 hour and a half!" GREAT!! Thanks for the advice. (I was coming directly from my limo up the aisle.) So the ceremony went off without a hitch, except I did not cry! I don't want everyone to think that I did not cry because I was not Happy about getting married, because I was! I think I had to pee so BAD that I was afraid that if I saw any water I might have ended up with lovely yellow stains on my dress. TeeHee...
So we will have been married 5 years in January, together 11 years in February. That was the first and last time I did not cry at a wedding!
Thanks for caring,
K
Check out my post from yesterday if you have a chance, it would mean alot! Thanks

13 comments:

Michelle November 13, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Great story! I am a crier too and I didn't shed a tear at my wedding. I was too darn nervous to cry! :)

Sandra November 13, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

OMG! That was hilarious!

I'm a crier too! Weddings, births on TV, commercials.. I'm just one big drippy tearfest.

Diane November 13, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

That is too funny! You should send that in to one of those bridal magazines... "To keep from crying at your ceremony, simply drink one gallon of water before, to ensure you have to pee. Your mind will be on your bladder and not your emotions." Perfect!!

Your post from yesterday was lovely :)

Amy McMean November 13, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

thats a great story. I cry at weddings to. At my friends wedding I barely made it through my toast, I stood up chocked up and then I'm crying, she's crying, he's tearing up. what a mess.

LazyCrazyMama November 13, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

Hilarious!!! Of course you were so distracted by having to pee! I love it!

Sera November 13, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

So funny! I'm so glad you didn't pee in your wedding dress.

Denise November 13, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

What is that all about? I am a HUGE crier at not just weddings - but pretty much anything! I have gone to weddings where I barely even knew the bride and groom and found myself crying!

I made sure the husband and I picked vows where all I had to say was "I do". There were ones where we had to repeat the vows back to the preacher but I was POSITIVE I would be crying to the point I couldn't talk.

I didn't even shed one tear!

Sometimes Sophia November 13, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

What a great story. Seriously, you should send it to Bride magazine. They must have a humor column. I mean, you gotta have a sense of humor to deal with planning a wedding... No?

Carrie November 13, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

Well, at least you weren't so emotional at your wedding that people wondered if you were crying happy or sad tears. Seriously. They were happy of course, but my mom passed away when i was younger and couldn't be at my big day, so I was a bit emotional. Give me a break people!
Great picture and sweet post yesterday

Lacey in the Sky November 14, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

Hehe, you are too cute! I love those pics! I'm a big crying idiot at weddings usually too!

((Happy early 35th Anniversary to your parents!!! That is AMAZING!))

Robin Ilac November 14, 2008 at 4:10 PM  

That's a great story. I'm one of those kind of people that always cry at weddings to! I can relate!

KatBouska November 17, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

I'm one of those people who doesn't cry at any wedding ever. I even tried to make myself...no can do. I only cry at cleary inappropriate times. :)

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP