Thanks Dad!

 Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How come when I am at work or even in my car I am all like, "I'm gonna go home and get it together! I am gonna clean off the bar that has exactly 1.9 million pieces of paper on it, I am going to put up the clothes that have been sitting in the laundry basket for 2 days (it is folded), I am going to once again sweep up the dog hair that has accumulated on the floor since yesterday, I am going to....." and the list keeps on going. Something happens between the time I leave work, pick up Tay and get home. By the time I pull into the driveway I don't even want to think about any of the stuff that needs to be done! Am I the only one? Surely I'm not! This leads me to a phone call I got the other day from my dad.


Dad: I am calling to apologize. Actually it should be your mother calling to apologize, but I am the one doing it!

(Panic runs through me- what's happened?)

Me: What are you talking about? What's going on?

Dad: Your mother and I were trying to spring clean this weekend (They are trying to clear out some stuff so they have somewhere to store the Christmas tree-yes it is still up-don't judge! At least all the ornaments are gone.) and I could not get her to get rid of ANYTHING. I am apologizing because you have inherited this disease and I am sorry!

Me: You just realized this? I have known that I have a strange attachment to EVERYTHING for quite a while!

Dad: Well, I just realized how BAD it is and I am calling to say I am sorry that you inherited this lovely trait from your mother.

Me: No Problem...you really should be apologizing to Hubby! He's the one who has to deal with me and all my STUFF!

Whew---Now I can blame being lazy about housework on my mother. Thanks Dad!

Thanks for caring,
K

No. 1 I am grateful that I can blame my bad habits on my parents!
No. 2 I am grateful that I have such a wonderful Hubby who still loves me even when I push him to the limit!
No. 3 I am grateful that I have wonderful friends who invited us to Disney-even though we cannot make it!! Yankee and JP, thank you and we will get there one day with y'all! I swear!

4 comments:

Heather April 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Ha! No worries.. I have inherited many, many traits from my folks - some of which aren't so charming. You can just claim you're "sentimental" about the things you don't want to get rid of! :)

Kelly Deneen Raymond April 8, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

bwahaha! That is the funniest conversation! ha!

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today! :)

LSU Melanie April 9, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

hahahh! my parents are the same way:) in fact whenever I bring stuff home from their house i have to sneak it in or my husband says you dont NEED that:) he come from family that when they purchase a new shirt, they get rid of another...totally different:)anyway thanks for the kind words on my blog..I agree some people just SUCK:) hahhah have a great weekend!

Mama Dawg April 14, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

Wow, your dad sounds funny. I like him!

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP