THE LOVE DARE

 Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hubby and I have decided to take THE LOVE DARE. No, we have not seen the movie Fireproof, we probably should, but I think just reading the book together is a great start!

"WARNING:
This forty day journey cannot be taken lightly. It is a challenging and often difficult process, but an incredibly fulfilling one. To take this dare requires a resolute mind and a steadfast determination. It is not meant to be sampled or briefly tested, and those who quit early will forfeit the greatest benefits. If you will commit to a day at at time for forty days, the results could change your life and your marriage. Consider it a dare, from others who have done it before you."

"DAY 1: Love is Patient-
The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret!

Did anything happen today to cause anger toward your mate?
Were you tempted to think disapproving thoughts and to let them come out in words?"

(excerpt taken from the book THE LOVE DARE)

My blog will not turn into the Carty's do THE LOVE DARE, I promise. I just wanted to let y'all know what we are attempting in our lives and will report the outcome. I will, however, be posting the dare of the day, for you who want to know.

No. 1 I am grateful that Hubby is open to taking the DARE with me.
No. 2 I am grateful that Hubby is trying to plan a date for us on Saturday night (and it's not to the mattress ball-Ha)
No. 3 I am grateful that Hubby is such a kind and loving man.
Thanks for caring,
K

4 comments:

Heather April 29, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Sounds like a great way to strengthen your relationship. Good luck!

Candice April 29, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

I'm guessing I wouldn't make it past day 1.

Good luck to you though!

Unknown April 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Visiting from Mama Kat's. Good luck with The Love Dare and I hope we get to learn how it went when you're done. My husband and I did see the movie and we have the book but haven't gone through it yet. I think we should!

Elizabeth May 1, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

You have to see th movie. It is great!!!!! I don't think there was a dry eye in the whole movie theater. Good luck with the Love Dare!

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP