Writer's Workshop.

 Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Prompts:

1.) Book review!
2.) When is it okay not to listen to the words? Explain about a song you really love that has lame lyrcis or lyrics you simply don't understand.
(writingfix.com)
3.) Why won't you forget? List six true sentences that begin with the words 'I'llnever forget...' Then use all six of your sentences in a paragraph, poem, or longer descriptive piece.
(writingfix.com)
4.) Write about an interaction you had with a salesman.
5.) What's for dinner? I'm starving.

As soon as I saw this week's writing assignment I was torn between #1 or #2. I LOVE to read so of course I can write lots of book reviews, but I was not sure exactly HOW to review a book so I chose #2.

I do not know the words to my most FAVORITE song in the entire world! I did not even bother to look them up until doing this assignment. Even after looking them up I still am not convinced that I will be able to sing the "correct" words! I personally like my made up version better!

"Come on Eileen" is my most FAVORITE song in the entire world! My friends know this so I get random phone calls or voice mail messages early in the morning that sound like this,
"Kelly, oh, shit are you sleeping?" "I'm out and heard this and thought of you, LISTEN!!!"
Or my favorite messages are the ones where all you hear is "KELLY...LISTEN......(loud music of some sort playing in the background)......I MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU!!!" (Most of the time I cannot actually make out the song on the message, but they always call the next day, "aw...shit sorry I called you last night. I was out and they were playing your song so I had to call!"

There really is no rhyme or reason as to why I LOVE this song I just do! It makes me smile and sometimes that is enough.

Poor old Johnny Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio, he moved a million hearts in mono.
Our mothers cried and sang along and who'd blame them.
Now you're grown, so grown, now I must say more than ever.
Go Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
and we can sing just like our fathers.

Come on Eileen,
I swear (well he means) At this moment you mean everything,
With you in that dress my thoughts I confess verge on dirty
Ah come on Eileen.

These people round here wear beaten down eyes
Sunk in smoke dried faces they're so resigned to what their fate is,
But not us, no not us we are far too young and clever.
Remember Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
Eileen I'll hum this tune forever.

Come on Eileen, I swear, well he means
Ah come on let's take off everything,
That pretty red dress Eileen (Tell him yes)
Ah come on let's, ah come on Eileen, please.
(Huh? What? Ex-squeeze Me? Baking powder?)



These pictures were taken at my wedding (obviously after I have changed clothes). One of the last songs they played before we left was "Come On Eileen"!





I found this on YouTube and thought it was hilarious!! They do other songs too!

Check out Mam Kat and see what songs other people can't understand.
Thanks for caring,
K
No.1 I am grateful that I can hear my FAVORITE song.
No. 2 I am grateful that my daughter is gsoing to sleep at night without much fussing anymore.(Did I just jinx myself?)
No.3 I am grateful that Re called me today to inform of the email link we received today. It made work that much more interesting!
PS- TOMORROW I MAKE 100 COME BACK AND CHECK OUT MY LIST!

5 comments:

Brandi. April 23, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

That is a very good song. :)

Dumb Mom April 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Oh! Can't wait to see what you do tomorrow. Part-tay!

LazyCrazyMama April 23, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

I love that song too :) And I only knew the first line and the chorus. Funny!

Lacey April 23, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

"Come on Eileen" is one of those songs that you totally CAN'T be sad while listening to! And I had absolutely no idea what the words were either, haha.

Raina April 23, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

O-M-G I loved that video. My boys are wondering what I'm laughing about! Thanks for posting. I'm enjoying yourblog!

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP