Writer's Workshop.

 Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Prompts:
1.) Describe a moment when you realized you and your spouse were SO different.
2.) What is your role in the household?
3.) Write about how you felt when you discovered you were lied to.(creativewritingprompts.com)4.) Describe a hard time you gave a teacher...what would you say to them today?
5.) What is an unpleasant experience you had eating? Write a poem, paragraph, or something else about the experience.(writingfix.com)

I could go on forever about Number 1 but I really don't feel like it.....Definitely save this one for later.
3.) Write about how you discovered you were lied to.

I cannot go into too much detail concerning this story because it is not my place to air this business, but I had a friend who made some choices that made sense to her and her life but did not make any sense to anyone else in her life. I do want her to be happy, but she choose to sacrifice her friendships, lie to her friends, and just all around handle the situation poorly! She went on with her life like it was no big deal and just expected everyone else to react the same way. Sorry I am just. not. built. that. way! I do wish her well in her new path in life, I just wish she had handled it better. Granted, it has been several years since all this occurred, (She's never even met my daughter!) and there are times when I really miss her and what she did bring to my life but I am not sure how to move past this with out opening myself up to being hurt again! UGH...Maybe it is better left in the past!?

I know this didn't exactly explain how I discovered that I had been lied to, but this particular lie has been on my mind for several years and just needed to get it out!

No. 1 I am grateful for the WONDERFUL friends that I do have in my life that are such a POSITIVE force.
No. 2 I am grateful for the friendship I did have with this particular person. Because I would not be where I am today without those experiences!
No. 3 I am grateful that I get to spend the entire day with Tay 2morrow because my office is closed for Good Friday!

7 comments:

Heather April 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

I like that you were able to find positives from the situation - and that you're still grateful for your friendship with her, despite the way it turned out. Sounds like your friend made some poor choices..

Kelly Deneen Raymond April 9, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Great post! It is sad when you lose friends, but ugh. That's not a good situation.

Carrin April 9, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

Somethimes the hardest decisions are the one's involing taking yourself out of situations you know are bad. It takes way more courage!

Anonymous,  April 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Yep, sometimes friendships are all around negative and they're best left behind.

LSU Melanie April 10, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

#1- I wish I had off today!!!!!
#2- I too would be thankful that ya'll had a friendship and that you can never take away, but her baggage and how it affected you life is not worth having her around anymore.

LSU Melanie April 10, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

#3- Have a great weekend and a happy EASTER!!!!!
#4- Like you, I too am so grateful for "real friends":)

Lauren Miller,  April 13, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

I had a similar experience with a friend. Basically she chose a loser boyfriend over her friends. I miss her and think about her everyday.

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP