Grey cloud vs. Silver lining

 Tuesday, April 7, 2009


I have been making excuses for way too long. If I am to change my life it must start with me!
Why are some people more prone to seeing the glass half-full, while some continue to see it as half-empty? What must be done or what must happen to turn your thinking upside down? These are the questions that I have been thinking tons about lately! I am working (and not succeeding) on trying to alter my thinking. I bought "The Secret" and "A New Earth" in hopes that they would help to steer my thinking in a path that is positive-um....yeah...couldn't get past 5 pages in either book. I tried 3 separate times to read "The Secret" but failed all three times! Granted I have NEVER been the cheerleader type but I am sick and tired of always seeing the grey cloud and not the silver lining inside!! I am open for any and all suggestions. HELP-I really don't want to pass this type of thinking on to my daughter.

No. 1 I am grateful for the ability to be able to talk openly and honestly about what is going on in my life.
No. 2 I am grateful that I have a Hubby who sees the glass as half-full. My daughter has a 50-50 shot at being normal!
No. 3 I am grateful for Lilly the makers of this!

Thanks for caring,
K

2 comments:

Candice April 7, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

I'm not exactly a sunshine beaming out of my butt type of person either. I don't like to think of myself as necessarily a negative person though. I mean, sometimes I can be, but not always.

Instead I view myself as a realist. Because of this, I'm rarely let down by myself and others. ;)

When you find the secret let me know.

Heather April 8, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

There's actually a Sister Hazel song (I know, sorry for the continued refrences)about just this... it's called "Change your mind". Of course, they don't exactly say HOW to go about doing that... but it's definitely something we all need to work on. Good luck. :)

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP