Writer's Workshop!

 Wednesday, January 7, 2009

*Update---Thank you Sissy for becoming my 14th follower!*

When I saw this at MamaKat's I knew we were back to normal in the blogging world....
The Prompts:
1.) Describe your latest obsession.
2.) Ask a loved one to use 6 descriptive words to describe you and report your findings. How well do they know you?
3.) Who was your first bloggy friend? How did you find each other? Do you still correspond?
4.) Tell us about your pet! If you have a weird infatuation with your dog or cat we want to hear about it (or if they just plain drive you crazy)...but please don't compare them to children. It's just not the same.
(Did any of you see that Housewives of Orange County when the workaholic type A Mom was talking to her daughter and asked her if she would be devastated if the mom died? The daughter was all, "I mean yeah, it would be hard...kind of like if I lost Chloe." And the mom was all "please tell me that losing me would be a little harder on you than if you lost your dog..." and the daughter was all "I'm just saying it would be really hard to lose Chloe, she's the closest thing I have to a child, so that would be hard." and the mom was all "I understand, just TELL me you are not comparing me to your DOG and that you would miss me more if I died!"
No? Didn't see that one? It was funny.)

Ahem.
Which one will YOU choose??


I knew immediately I wanted to do #2. But who do I ask........? I wanted to get some insight into what my peeps actually thought of me. Now, this could only go one of two ways; REALLY WELL or REALLY BAD!!
I sent a text to Sissy, Hubby and Re to get their responses! They did not let me down. Sissy and Re kinda FREAKED out and was all like "do you need them now, or can I think about it?" Hubby went straight for the inappropriate, but anatomically correct, boobilicious, and breasty (are either one of those words?)-sorry Dad. He is obviously a breast man!
After paying them each way too much, they gave me my 6 words.

Sissy Said...straightforward, thoughtful, cautious, appreciative, sociable, sincere.
Hubby Said...trustworthy, sensitive, stubborn, moody, beautiful, selfless.
Re Said...compassionate, sensitive, fun, loyal friend, smart, subdued/shy .


So the results, Who the hell knows! The three people that know me the best have thrown out a mixed bag of descriptive words. You can tell that Re and Sissy did not want to start an argument but Hubby went right for the throat! I will admit that I can be VERY STUBBORN when need be and that I am EXTREMELY MOODY!! (what female isn't?) Imagine how moody I would be without my "crazy" pills. SCARY!!!
Sissy threw in sociable, which caught me off guard that she sees me this way. I feel that I am way to shy! (Re agrees) I do have a hard time with new people and new situations. If I know you, not a problem, but until I warm up to you, forget about it, you are gonna think that I am the biggest snob ever! There have been certain circumstances where I have had to step out of my comfort zone and play the outgoing person that I am not. As a manager at a retail clothing store I definitely could not play the shy card. I had to interact with every customer that walked in the door as well as train and lead the associates! Also working in Orlando as a Recreation Intern I was forced to lead many activities that I could not and would not do if I were to play shy. (Leading the macarena out at pool parties- in a bathing suit no less, karaoke at welcome party night, dressing up as the Easter Bunny and delivering baskets on Easter Sunday morning). Maybe I am stepping out of my shy shell...We shall see!
Re knows that I am one of the most loyal people in the world! If you are my friend you are my friend for life. (But if you fuck me over--LOOK OUT--the Scorpio in me will come out and you wish you had never met me!)
Re and Hubby both said sensitive and that particular word can go both ways! Even though I don't! HA. I like to think the positive! I want to believe that they meant that I am sensitive to other people's needs, yada, yada, yada. And not that I am a sensitive bitch that needs to stop taking shit so personally and get over it!
I can say that all three of these people know me VERY well. They hit the nail on the head in every way possible. I am so tired of talking about myself!

Anywhoo......I want to thank y'all for playing!

Photobucket
If you wanna see what prompts other people chose click on the MamaKat button!


Thanks for caring,

K

Ps. I have 2 questions can someone please become a follower of my blog? I am way superstitious and cannot leave it at 13 for long...who knows what might happen?!

How do you do the crossy-outy thingy?! You know type a word and then draw the line through it and type another word......Please impart your knowledge upon me! Thank you in advance!

7 comments:

tiarastantrums January 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

well it is good your hubbie said beautiful - I didn't even bother to ask my hubs - I knew I wouldn't like what he had to say!

Anonymous,  January 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

LOL well I liked their descriptions of you - you got sensitive twice...would you agree? :)

I'm not sure how to do the cross out thing. I use Windows Live Writer and I guess it's not in there. I think most people use Blogger to post...but I'm not familiar with it. I'm zero help...sorry! :)

Anonymous,  January 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Yeah, when you find out how to strike-through on a blog post let me know. I always see that and think it's so cute.

Anonymous,  January 8, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Three people said pretty great things about you; that's awesome!

I know how to do the strike through. I searched for it a while back and saved it.
I tried to post it here but it won't allow the html to be posted. Email me and I'll reply with it! :)

Candice January 8, 2009 at 5:35 PM  

Well, it sounds like you are a fabulous and well rounded person. I asked my husband for 6 descriptive words and he picked all nice things, but then went on to say that if you lined them all up they spell out

D
O
U
C
H
E

Yeah, he's SO cut off...

Jenners January 8, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

Visiting from Mama Kats...

I love that the girls (I'm guessing Re and Sissy are girls) are all concerned about when they can get the words to you and can they be thoughtful about it and then hubby just acts in a crude way. In reading all these posts today, I've found that husbands can be really really dumb!

And I'd love to know how to do the cross out thing too! What a great question. If you find out, let me know.

And I saw you got 14 but I'll go ahead and make it an even 15 followers for you! : )

Anonymous,  January 9, 2009 at 2:49 AM  

Ok, I wanted to help Carty out since he really wanted to mention these for his 6:

1. voluptuous
2. Taeng Moh(Tai for melons)
3. "Busty" Rhymes
4. knockers (momma gonna knoc you out
5. honkers
6. jugalicious

Sorry Dad

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP