Writer's Workshop/Womanizer, Womanizer, Womanizer!

 Thursday, March 5, 2009

****UPDATE-NEW PICTURE FROM BLUE!!
I was planning on telling y'all about the terrific show I saw on Tuesday night anyway, so I am killing 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

The Prompts:

1.) Write a limerick.
2.) Normal is...
3.) Describe a memorable camping experience.
4.) What's the best thing that has happened this week?
5.) Did you have a childhood hideout? Where? Describe it.
6.) Words that hurt me.


The best thing that happened this week was I got to spend an entire evening and night with my girls!! Oh yeah and we saw BRITNEY SPEARS in her kick off performance for her world tour!!OK, OK, OK......granted she did not sing one note but the show was UH-MAZING!!! She is almost completely back to her former self, hopefully a little wiser, to say the least. Re, Little Mama, Blue and I met down in New Orleans and had an entire evening dedicated to Britney Spears. Thanks to Blue and her iPhone we were able to listen to Britney songs while we ate our dinner at Mother's!!! Mother's never disappoints! If you ever get to New Orleans and want "traditional" red beans and rice, jambalaya, gumbo, shrimp po-boy, or crawfish etouffee, (and a whole lot more) you must go to Mother's-definitely worth the wait.

OK, back to Britney. The pussy-cat dolls were her opening act. Which I did not get to see because the lines to get an adult drink were ridiculously long! Didn't bother me in the slightest. The stage set up is really cool. It is set up like a three ring circus with a circular jumbo-tron screen thingy that projected different scenes throughout the various acts/songs. Before the show started she had different acts come out. There were jugglers, gymnastics, midgets, she had it all! Perea Hilton actually did her introduction, I guess like the Masters of Ceremonies kinda thing. It was kinda cool. The entire show was AMAZING! The only complaint we had was the fact that she did not engage/interact with the audience AT ALL. At the very end she said, "Thank you New Orleans, I love you!" That was all she said. I guess they did not allow any time on her pre-recorded tape for talking---Ha.... Anywhoo, the best part of the entire night was just being with the girls. After getting married and having babies we do not get that many opportunities to get away and just BE! So it was some good girl time that I think we all needed. We even asked for a later check out because none of us wanted to get out of bed! We just laid around and talked, and laughed and gossiped, and talked some more. I hate that not all the girls could come, but we will all get together soon.

It is late and my computer is taking FOREVER to download my pics so here are some pictures from our great night. I hope you enjoy. (I know they are a little far but floor tickets were $500.00 and the "ringside" tickets-with the comfy sofas were like $1,000.00-$2,300.00 a piecee! Not in my budget!)



Here we are Re, Blue, Little Mama, and Me-obviously prior to the event. I am waiting for Blue to post her pics---we took a fabulous picture right before we went in----but she is STILL driving home to Tennesse!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is me in my t-shirt I bought at the show. (cannot call it a concert since she didn't sing one note-she really should have taken off her headset, at least it would have helped her hair!) Can you tell I was excited!?
Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



Thank you Hubby for planning all this and getting everyone together to make this happen. Even though when I orginally said I wanted to go you thought I was joking!! Thanks Big Papa for arranging such great accomodations for us girls.

Thanks for caring,

K

8 comments:

Jenners March 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

Wow! Looks like a fun night! Glad to hear Ms. Spears is putting on a good shoe -- although one that doesn't involve actually doing any singing! I had heard that her shows were pretty good -- back when my husband was obsessed with her before her "troubles." And it sounds like you could have gone to a polka concert and had fun with your friends!

And you'd think she could have chatted a little bit more to you guys since she was back in her home state!

Mama Dawg March 5, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

That looks awesome. I heard that it's a good show. And that the best seats are not necessarily the most expensive ones due to the set up of the three rings.

Awesome pics!

Carrin March 5, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

That looks incredible! I went to Brintey's Toxic tour and although she never sang a note, I thought it was the best "show" I had ever been to.

Anonymous,  March 5, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Hey Kel-
I'm loving reading what you're writing! I've been catching up on all the one's I haven't read yet and wanted to say I'm so glad we got to hang for Mardi Gras. When you coming to the Zoo (or cocktails whichever you prefer ;-))
Luv ya

April March 5, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Looks like yall had a blast. How sweet of him to set it all up for you.

Angela Tolsma March 6, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

did she lip sink the whole thing. I am hoping to get tickets when she comes up... but not if she's lip sinking it won't be as good

Unknown April 11, 2009 at 12:23 AM  

Mmmm, I love Mother's! & i L.O.V.E. that picture of you in the B. Spears shirt! So cute!!

p.s. I will let you know when I do your fashion de-funk on my blog!

Anonymous,  February 25, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

good afternoon bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that particular model. The prices for the sneakers are all over 230 pounds on every page. But completely I bring about this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP