Impressions

 Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I have been thinking a lot lately about impressions. Do you often wonder what type of impression people have of you? Or better yet what impression do people have of you after you walk away. Are they thinking, "Wow that chick is a Wack-a-do.......Wow that chick is really cool....or Wow what is she smoking-I hope she shares!" But I am not just talking about first impressions. I am also talking about impressions that you leave with people. Ya know, that image in their head they have of you when your name is brought up.
I started thinking about all of this because I have been "in contact" -via Facebook-with lots of people that I went to High School with that I have not seen, heard from, or (to be honest) thought of in many many years. I went to a very small catholic school (yes we had nuns) and we were, for the most part, a very tight knit group. Most of the people that went to my high school had come from the catholic elementary/junior high school so many of them had been going to school together all their lives. Me, not so much. I did not go to the catholic primary school so I came into STA as a very new girl!! In four years I went from being the girl that no one asked to the Homecoming Dance my Freshman year, to being on the Homecoming Court my Senior year. What a difference a few years makes! But now that I am "in touch" with some of these classmates, and my 15 year reunion is this year, I have started thinking about what these people remember of me. You know when you hear someone's name some kind of mental image you have of that person pops into your mind. Most of the time this will bring up certain memories of a particular interaction you had with said person. Some of the memories or images in your head, may be things that the other person does not even remember; but for whatever reason it is stuck in your head!
So...long story short.....i have decided that i want people to be left with a certain impression of me. Now, I am still working on what type of impression I want to leave I just know that I want to at least leave an impression. My lack of self esteem is telling me that right now I don't think I even make an impression on people so I need to start with leaving an impression. I guess what type of impression comes later........hmmmmm?!
Boy, have I got work to do.
Thanks for caring,
K

3 comments:

Carrin March 19, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

I think if you are honest and real, you will leave a good lasting impression.
We all struggle with self esteem issues from time to time. When it comes down to it, the most important relationship you have is with yourself!

Mama Dawg March 19, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

You'd be surprised at the impression that YOU did leave on people in high school.

I always felt sort of out of it and not all together.

Come to find out, people thought I was this super confident (not arrogant) girl who didn't care what people thought.

Who knew?

Rhonda March 24, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

I leave probably an "Is she for real???" impression.

Sad. But true. lol

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP