Randomness and a shout out for some help.

 Tuesday, August 25, 2009


This is my first time participating in The UnMom's Random Tuesday Thoughts. Go see all the other randomness that is floating around out there.
I Loathe wet socks. When I have socks on and step in something wet it completely skeeves me out.
I do not like my food to touch. It is ruined if the juice from one food gets into the other. (I just Gagged!)

I do not eat the ass end of the bread. I leave the "special pieces" for Hubby.

Leftovers and I are not friends. Especially left over rice! Yuck.

I LOVE sunflower seeds. Maybe it was because I spent my entire summers growing up playing ball.

I like ketchup on my hamburgers and some fries, but I don't like ketchup alone. If it gets on my fingers I won't like it off. It is gross.

My daughter ate a ketchup sandwich the other day. I couldn't watch her eat it.

Don't talk when one of my favorite shows is on television. You can talk at commercial breaks.

My handwriting SUCKS!! Everyone always says I have the handwriting of a boy. I don't care.

Is is true that they are no longer teaching cursive in schools? I started a journal for my daughter when she was born. I wrote in script. Does that mean she won't be able to read it?!

I am co-hosting a baby shower this weekend. I am hoping to catch up with some "old" friends. I hope my daughter does not act like an ass. She's 2.5 her moods change quicker than mine.

We painted the door to our house Sunday. RED! I like it.

I cannot wait until it is Fall.

We are going to Austin for a wedding in October and I am already sad about leaving Tay. If anyone has been there and can recommend hotels/restaurants/shopping, etc. please pass it on. We have never been there and cannot wait to experience this great city.

I NEED A HUGE FAVOR- Pretty please with brown sugar on top--I need someone who lives near an Ikea to do a little shopping for me. I need some window hardware that is of course not available online and the closest Ikea is a 6 hour car drive from here. Hubby works for a shipping company-(not going to say which one but we do not like the color BROWN in our household) so shipping will not be a problem. Please email me kscarty@gmail.com and we'll talk. Thank you.

I have not had a cigarette in 14 days, and yes I am counting. I use to smoke-ALOT. EVERYONE smoked when I was in college. There were a few of my friends who did not smoke, but they were the exception not the rule. Before I got preggers I had cut back to mainly smoking when I drank. I of course ceased drinking when I got preggers so giving up the cigs was not that difficult. After Tay was born I would only pick up a cig if I was not going to be returning home, which usually involved drinks anyway. But as she got older my "habit" changed. I would smoke one every now and then after she would go to bed. But, I am fully committed to cashing out for good. It is hard for me to "give" myself cancer knowing that there are so many people and especially little children who have cancer and die from cancer before they even know the definition of cancer.

Hubby use to smoke A $H!T TON and he put on the patch one day in 2002 and has not picked up a cig since. Damn him and his will power!

Sometimes I wish I had paid attention more when my grandparents were talking about the "good ole days!"

We just got finished watching the first season of Mad Men on NetFlix and I love it!! Man everyone during that era was completely sloshed all the time huh?!

Do you know how hard it is to not smoke when EVERY character on Mad Men smoke? Even the pregnant women. Because it was okay back then!! Ha.

I miss watching Dawson's Creek. I often wonder what Pacey and Joey are up to! Weird I know.

I think I'll stop here because I really could go on forever.

Thanks for caring,

K

3 comments:

Mama Dawg August 25, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

I don't know about in LA, but here in MS, they still teach cursive. My daughter loves to write in it. They started learning officially last year (3rd grade) but she's been practicing since she was in 2nd grade.

Molly August 25, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

I think you have as many food issues as my hubby!

In Austin, go to Flip Happy Crepes. YUMMY!

You crack me up with your non-cursive baby book. Of course she won't be able to read it. What were you thinking?

Lastly, I live pretty close to an Ikea, but will be out of town for almost 3 weeks. If someone hasn't gotten them for you in that time, let me know!

Oh, and congrats on the cigs! GOOD GIRL!

Carrin August 26, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

You can do it!

I think it's somehow easier for men to quit than it is for women. We are way more stressed and need it to take the edge off, I think.

I too can't wait for fall. I just went out and bout some pretty sweaters and scarves.

If you find out what's going on with Pacey and joey would you please let me know. I wmiss them too.

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP