Writer's Workshop

 Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Prompts:1.) Tell us about a "dirt cheap" you've taken this summer.(inspired by Anti-Supermom)

2.) When I grow up I want to be like...(inspired by Jenny Says What?)

3.) Describe a difficult moment that you survived.(inspired by Sarah M.)

4.) List 5 things you like to do while camping...or 5 places you'd like to go.(inspired by Kisatrtle)

5.) What are you paranoid about?(inspired by Melissa)


I have chosen #4. I am not really the "camping" type, unless anyone knows of an airconditioned, bug free zone, then I am out or least staying in a cabin! But here are 5 places I would like to go instead: (I just named a few in the U.S I would like to see, plus I'm on "borrowed" time because my computer is at the Dr.-hopefully we will get it back soon!)


MAINE



Not sure why, but lately I have been having the desire to travel to Maine! Not during the winter, this southern girl would F-F-F-F-F-REEZE to death!

ASTORIA, OREGON


If you don't recognize this house it is because you are not aware of one of the BEST movies of all times-GOONIES!!!


Got the pic from here. Thanks


WASHINGTON, D.C.


Picture lifted from here.


I freaking love this place. We went on a school trip in the 6th grade and I could not get enough of it. The next year my mom went to New York for the U.S. Open and my Dad asked Sissy and I where we wanted to go for a trip (he figured Disney World, nope) we chose Washington, D.C. I cannot wait to go back. I just have to remember that when we go, we must find another couple where one person is ready to spend hours upon hours upon hours with me reading EVERYTHING while the other person can speed through everything and hang out with Hubby waiting for us to catch up.

AN ALASKAN CRUISE

Picture "borrowed" from here

Can you say GEORGOUS!!! I would love to see all of the glaciers and wildlife that Alaska has to offer.

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK


Thanks for this photo.

I figured since this was suppose to be about camping I would throw in a park. It would be cool to go here and see "where the buffalo roam!"

Go check out what everyone else is talking about at MamKat's. Click on her button and join the fun.

Thanks for caring,

K

3 comments:

LazyCrazyMama July 9, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Ooh, all of those look like great places to visit!
We plan on visiting Yellowstone some summer!

Lady Di July 9, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

Yellowstone is a great place to go, and you don't have to sleep with the buffalo. Their are some very nice lodges there.

kisatrtle July 9, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Those are great pictures and make me wish I was more well traveled. BTW I love that dr. Suess quote and think I used it my obituary post a few posts ago. Your blog is wonderful

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP