ABC's of me

 Friday, July 17, 2009

I completely swiped this from Carrin over at Carrin's Comments who stole this little MeMe from Britt over at Living in the Moment. My computer is still jacked so I fit in blogging when I can.

A-Age: I am 32. Is it weird that I had to physically count before answering?
B-Birth date: November 20. I am a Scorpio-watch out!
C-Chore you hate: Anything that involves a dish. I CANNOT stand the bits of food that end up in the water. Gag....I just threw up a little in my mouth just thinking about it!
D-Dog's name: Bowden- or as Tay says "Bow-len" We did.not.name.him that, he totally came with that name!
E-Enter or Exit: All I can come up with is a sexual connotation and that is TMI!!
F-Favorite color: Blue
G-Gold or silver: Silver or white gold!
H-Hair color: Boring brown.
I-Instrument: I played the flute in Jr. High and I can sorta play the piano.
J-Job Title: Office Manager
K-Kids: 1-Taylor 2.5
L-Living arrangements: I live with Hubby and Tay in a house that we bought and renovated before the storm.
M-Monkey or Moose: I don't know. We had a cat named Moose. He was a wonderful cat but he definitely had a few screws loose!! Monkey is the latest nickname I have given Tay.
N-Nicknames: I only have one that Hubby gave me and I will not divulge.
O-Odd thing about you: I.HATE.LEFTOVERS, and I don't like my food to touch or the juices to mix. Barf!
P-Pet Peeve: Close talkers, rude people, people who act as though they are the best thing in the universe, oh, and people who pop their gum in public!
Q-Quote from a movie: "They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style." Carrie Bradshaw-Sex and the City Any quote from the movie Pretty and Pink and The Breakfast Club!!!!
R-Right/Left Handed: Right-in everything but pool!
S-Siblings: 1 younger sister-SISSY
T-Time you wake up: Whenever Tay decides.
U-Underwear: yep
V-Veggie you dislike: Cooked-peas, carrots, broccoli, & cauliflower, oh and BEETS.
W-What makes you run late: My forgetfulness. I can get the car and have to go back inside 4 times to get random stuff I forgot!
X-X-Rays: Teeth, wrist and Brain scan
Y-Yummy food you make: Umm........Blue Runner Red Beans and Rice, Kraft Mac and Cheese-does it count if it came out of a can or a box?! If not ummmm.........
Z-Zoo Animal: Any of the big cats!!

That was fun.
FYI-We have been hard at work getting Tay into her own bed and I am proud to say that Tay has slept the [entire] last 2 nights in her own bed!! Usually (this past week) she'd get up around 3:30am or so and grab her blanket, her puppy, and her sippy cup full of water and come into our room to get into the bed with us. She was not freaking out or wailing like I imagined, she just came in with all of her stuff a little whiny. So, I got up around 5am yesterday morning and freaked out because I was sure something was wrong because I did not hear one peep out of her the entire night. I'm positive I would have had this freak out years ago if she had not been sleeping in our bed, but whatever. This morning at 6am she simply walks in the room with her book ready to hear a story. Like it was no big deal that she had spent the previous night all alone in her bed! Slow and steady wins the race every time! (I think putting her in her big girl bed has been harder on me than her! Shhh...)
We have a little rountine-We go into her room, I turn on her little night light, turn on her Beatles Lullaby music, I sit down next to her bed and read her a couple of books. After 1 or 2 books she rolls over and I pet her back until she is asleep!! I am so proud of her and almost as proud of us for getting off our lazy butts and doing it. (Even if she did prompt us.) Now on to finish up with potty training. We have purchased the big girl panties; Dora, Tinkerbell, and even a couple of Diego underoos (yes boys-but you can't buy Dora without Diego, duh!), now we just have to spend the entire weekend in the house wearing them!! Soon.

Thanks for caring,

K

4 comments:

Momma Chae July 20, 2009 at 12:29 AM  

Ha! This sounds like my life. We are currently trying the potty training and trying to get my daughter to go back to sleeping in her own bed. She had a wonderful routine going until we went on vacation at my parents house, where she was sleeping in the same room as us.... she got used to it and wouldn't sleep in her own room when we came back home. UGH

Molly July 21, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

Yay for sleeping through the night!
The ABC's were fun and I am a scorpio too. :)

Paisley July 24, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Awww. I just came across your blog via the banks' blog and I thought this entry was so sweet! We just learned we are pregnant, so adventures like this are still in the far away future, but it sounds like fun! ~Katy

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP