Writer's Workshop.

 Thursday, February 19, 2009

It is THAT time of the week again......

The Prompts:

1.) If you were starring on American Idol TONIGHT and HAD to sing, what song would you choose and why.
2.) Take a picture of yourself right this minute without primping and explain to us why it is you have not washed your hair today.
3.) I just asked Pat to help me with a writing prompt so here's his: "What do you think about the NBA All Star game"...blech.
4.) What's your number one pet peeve? Develop a punishment for anyone caught in the act.
5.) Write about something mean you did to a sibling growing up.

Which one will YOU choose??



#1--I am OVER American Idol, next

#2--At work, no camera

#3--Don't care.....

#4--I think my list is way to long to narrow it down to just one....

#5--Sit back, relax, get a snack and a cup of coffee because we could be here all night!



PhotobucketSissy is 2 years younger than me. When we were younger we actually played together and had fun. But, the older we got the more we fought. We fought over EVERYTHING: Who's turn it was to sit in the front (we had a schedule), Don't cross the imaginary line in the back seat, who go to hold the remote control, who got to push the button on the elevator, who got to drive to school (I won this one---she scared the SHIT out of me when she drove!), you name it we fought over it! (I wonder to this day why my parents do not sell us! I ask them often how they made it through- Dad just points to the Jack!!)

Anywhoo.....After Sissy and I stopped sharing a room Sissy became afraid to sleep in her room by herself. She wanted to sleep in my room with her big sister. We had daybeds with a trundle bed underneath, no big deal right?! Well, every night before going to bed Sissy would pull out the trundle, pop it up and we would go to sleep. It started off really well. Every morning Sissy would put the bed down and roll it back under my bed! (This was the condition under which I let her sleep in my room---she could sleep in my room but she HAD to put the bed away in the morning!....she agreed) It lasted for about 2weeks and then she stopped putting the bed away. I told her she could continue to sleep in my room but couldn't pop the bed up. No big deal, she still had a bed everything was fine. This again lasted for about 2 weeks.....and then she stopped putting the bed away. So, i told her she could sleep in my room but was not allowed to use the bed because she wouldn't put it up! So for about 2 weeks she would bring in her sleeping bag and sleep on the floor next to my bed (I had carpet.) Guess what happened.....yep, she would not pick up her sleeping bag. So I banned her from sleeping in my room. We had an agreement and she did not uphold her end of the agreement so she had to sleep in her own room......Sorry Charlie.

She is a sneaky one let me tell you..........

The very next morning I woke up to my little sister sleeping very soundly wrapped up in her sleeping bag in the doorway to my room. She was half in my room and halfway out in the hall. She had waited until I had gone to sleep and snuck into my room curled up on the floor and gone to sleep!! I still feel guilty about making her sneak into my room at night because she was too scared to sleep by herself and I was too mean to allow her to sleep on my floor! Hubby asks me at least once a month how I can live with myself knowing that I forced my "itty bitty sister" to sleep in the hall because she was afraid to sleep in her own room. Yep, I was that mean......believe me she paid me back and then some......
So ladies and gentlemen there is the story of one of the meanest things I have done to my sister.
I am not proud of it but it is the truth......sorry Sissy!! I love you!!

Check out the other mean things people did their siblings......push the button!

Thanks for caring,
K
P.S. Before we have our next child we are stocking up on the Jack! Payback is a BITCH!!!

8 comments:

Sam_I_am February 19, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

my nephew used to sleep in the hallway outside my mom's room because he was afraid to sleep in the living room when he'd stay over.

Carrin February 19, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

Looking back it doesn't seem that mean! I'm sure at the time if was terrible and you didn't even know it!

Heather February 19, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Hmm, that doesn't seem so mean! I wouldn't want a random sleeping bag or extra bed layin around in my room either!!
I've done way worse!

Simply AnonyMom February 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

That is the sweetest mean story I have read! did you let her back into your room after?

Jenni February 19, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

That's not so mean! I would have said she could only sleep in my room if she paid me and ate my vegetables at dinner!

Kacey February 19, 2009 at 2:35 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kacey February 19, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

It wasn't that bad....I forgive you

-Sissy

Unknown February 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

That wasn't so bad. My brother and I used to argue over the front seat and had the line in the back as well.

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP