Tay's 3rd Mardi Gras!

 Sunday, February 15, 2009

WARNING:
This post is a hodgepodge from the last couple of weeks. I have had a SEVERE sinus infection that landed me in the ER getting 3 shots and a CAT Scan......Not my idea of a good time. That is why I have been M.I.A.!
Last Friday I received a package! (Not that kind of package....even though hubby does work for Fed Ex!) Buck has offically arrived at the Carty Party!! Tay loves the "reindeer"! My friends do not know that I am bringing a deer to Mardi Gras......but the more the merrier, right?! I think it is going to be so much fun! I want to bring him to the Britney Spears concert, but hubby said that was taking it too far...Pooh! If you want to know what in the hell I am talking about click here. If you want to see what Buck is doing before he arrived at the Carty Party click on The Buck Stopped Here button!

I want to give a big THANK YOU to Sissy for letting Tay spend the night this past weekend. I promise she was much happier learning "Head, shoulders, knees, and TOES" with you than she would have been at the wedding we attended! It was so c-c-c-c-COLD!! Fun, but COLD!!

We took Tay to a Mardi Gras parade this past weekend. This is actually her 3rd year going to the parades. Yes, I am THAT mom who bundled up her daughter with socks on her hands at 2mos so she could "see" a parade. She slept the entire time!

FIRST MARDI GRAS!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
These pictures were taken before Tay's first parade. I thought it would be a cute idea to take a picture of Tay with Pearls.....see how well that turned out!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
She was not happy about ALL the clothes she needed to wear!! She woke up for a bottle at the very end of the Parade!

SECOND MARDI GRAS!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
This was right before the beads in the face incident...no, she is not stoned!
Photobucket
The second year she was 14 mos old and actually could see the floats as they passed by. She started off in the stroller but of course she got nailed in the FACE with beads by the first float that passed! So she ended up in Hubby and I's arms the entire parade! But she seemed to enjoy it.
This year she did much better. She started out strong! She was having a mini-Rave with her cousins and some friends! They were waving around glow sticks like it was their jobs......They LOVED it!! She was doing really well when the Budweiser Clysdales came through, but she faded fast! She lasted a total of one float and two marching bands. Isn't it weird that I cannot get out of the bed without her waking up but a MARCHING BAND didn't even phase her!


THIRD MARDI GRAS!!!
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Thanks for caring,
K

3 comments:

Carrin February 16, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Sucks to hear about the sinus infection! Glad to hear your feeling better though!
Mardi Gras looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to go.
Did I hear you correctly? Did you say you were going to Britney's concert? I am officially jealous!

Mama Dawg February 17, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

I am so jealous of you and Mardi Gras. I don't think we're gonna make it down this year. I'm trying to get down for Endymion at least, but it's a crap shoot at this point. Sigh.......this is the ONE thing I miss most about living in NOLA.

Unknown February 18, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

Hehe, I love that last picture! How kids can sleep through all that noise, I'll never understand!

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP