Writer's Workshop Wednesday.

 Thursday, December 4, 2008

It is that time of the week again.....

PhotobucketIf you know me I watch ALOT of T.V. or the idiot box as Pop Pop likes to call it. So it was really hard for me to choose which reality show I would want to star in and why. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to star in AMAZING RACE! This show is WONDERFUL! If you have never seen it you should definitely check it out! The show takes couples; married, divorce, separated, newlywed, brother and sister, friends, etc. and they race around the world following clues as they go. They have also done a family edition where a family of four raced around the United States. (On this show the family from New Orleans actually came in last in their home town, are you kidding me?!)
Anywhoo...Hubby and I have always discussed what it would be like if we were to go on this show together! I am almost certain that it would not end well! (Can you say the big "D") He has a great sense of direction, I have none. I could get lost in my own home-and it is not that big. I get lost every time I go to a mall. It doesn't matter how big or small or even how many times I have been to that mall I ALWAYS get lost! Sissy has to give me directions everytime I go to her house or I will never find it! If there is a Ghetto around when travelling with me I will lead you directly to it! But, I must drive. This is part of my control freak charm. I feel as though I am in charge and in control when I drive. Riding with others just makes me nervous! This control freakness has led me to my one and only brush with the law! (and it was a very LARGE BRUSH) All because I would not let someone else drive. Dumbass.... I know! (That story will be saved for another day.)
~One of the wonderful aspects of Amazing Race is that you get to travel around the world and see parts of the globe that you as a tourist would not normally see! This would also introduce me to some truly fabulous cultures that I did not even know exist! At every "detour" and "road block" tasks must be performed to get your next clue. These can range from zip line across the Columbia River, to eating some interesting shit, to counting statues of Stalin and Lenin in Russia, bungee jumping off of a really tall building, to a dune buggy ride on a Brazilian beach! It sounds like so much fun!!
~The one and very difficult hurdle that I would have to jump over to be able to make it anywhere on Amazing Race, is my fear of flying! I HATE to fly! Again it goes back to my control issues. I have flown many times in my life and HATE it each and every time! The week before I must get on a plane I begin to worry. I am restless, I cannot sleep and my stomach is all jacked up....butterflies from hell. The taking off is the WORST part for me. I am not even going to describe what is going through my mind when we are taking off for fear of scaring the living shit out of all of you!! The landing is easy breezy because we have arrived at our destination....Thank God! And yes, I do pray the entire time. I always sit in the aisle seat, So I can see. Not really sure what I am seeing but I need to see. Ha. If I were to participate in the AMAZING RACE I would have to load up on Vicodin to make it through the plane rides across the globe! Just Joking...not really...or am I?
Check out what everyone else is saying, just click on the button over there ----->

I so wanted to do the writing assignment about my friends from high school. But I could not do it properly without pictures. So stay tuned......

Thanks for caring,
K
Oh....I haven't forgotten about Tay, a bed, and a piece of cheese....I know you can't wait to hear all about it!
I am only one short of my 31 in 31!

7 comments:

Megan December 4, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

My hubby and I could not do Amazing Race either. I would have to kill him and then kill the camera crew for being witnesses and I don't want to go to prison! lol

Heather December 4, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

I would LOVE to be on Amazing Race. I definately think I could handle it. My boyfriend, on the other hand...no so much. The sheer competition of the thing might be enough to lure him in, as he is VERY competitive (never play UNO with him) but I don't think he'd enjoy the flying. :)
Thanks for checking out my blog!

Los December 4, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

I've never watched Amazing Race, and only 1 or 2 episodes of Survivor ... not my style, I guess .. although, I'd totally thrive if I was on the show ... I think.

Jen December 4, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

it would be so cool to go on Amazing Race. Good luck with that.

Jenners December 4, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

Stopping by on my tour of MamaKat's writing workshop posts...

I picked the Amazing Race too! My total fave! I'm sure we would be pegged as the first ones to be out but if "Dandrew" can get in the finals, anyone can! Can you believe how they marched!?

Anonymous,  December 5, 2008 at 6:03 AM  

I will be on "deal or no deal". I will pick my box and keep it until the very end. I wont talk to Howie or give him fist bumps. I won't play games with the banker. I guess I will be nice to the models just so Im not rude. I will simply call out numbers until they are all gone and go home with my check; whether it be for a million or a penny. Now thats exciting.

Candice December 11, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

I love Amazing Race and I'm bummed that it's over. I think Starr and her brother are a wee bit too close if you want my honest opinion. I have a brother and we hated each other for most of our lives..

Anyway, I couldn't do this show with my husband either. I'm WAY competitive and he's the opposite. I'd be kicking his ass all around the globe. I'm fairly certian it would draw some viewers though. ;)

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP