Corn Festival

 Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh my....it has been a long time. Sorry! This post is VERY random so buckle up and hang on.

How ya like my new button!! I put it there ------> under the impression that it said P.O.S Blogger as in Piece of S**t, but it really means Prisoner of Summer. No, I am not a SAHM but I am taking advantage all of this sunshine to get out of my house with my daughter. All we seem to have gotten accomplished in the past couple of days is to get Tay completely covered in Mosquito bites! She probably has 20 and I am not lying! Yesterday she got bit on the cheek, while walking from the car to the house. A span of maybe 30 feet! I believe her signature scent will soon be Skin-So-Soft.


We are off to the beach next week and CANNOT wait! Did I mention that the last time Hubby and I went on a Vacay was our honeymoon? 5 YEARS AGO. It is LONG overdue!

No. 1 I am grateful that this past weekend was not humid! It would have been hell picking corn in 90% humidity.

No. 2 I am grateful for Tinkerbell the movie!

No. 3 I am grateful Pop Pop is doing "better and better" everyday!

Yes, you did read that correctly I picked corn.

Any time you want to stop laughing is okay with me.

Okay, enough with the laughing.

I'll wait while you compose yourself.

Finished?

Saturday the fam and I went to a "corn festival." I use the term "festival" very loosely. It was not your traditional festival, there were no rides, no funnel cakes, no games to win stuffed animals, and no face painting. Basically we drove out past BFE. Seriously BFE is closer than where we went. (BFE aka Bum Fu** Egypt) We arrived at a farm-200+ acres, unpacked our gear, (beer, capri-suns, chairs-you know all the necessities), and after about half an hour loaded up in the back of pick-up trucks and went to pick corn.

I said to stop laughing!


Photobucket

We picked corn for a while then went back to the main house and had many corn dishes. All of the dishes made included some form of corn.....it felt very "Forrest Gump-esque" corn on the cob, corn bisque, corn and sausage stuff, corn gumbo, .....you get the point!

I was expecting a TERRIBLE day and I will admit it was not that bad!! (Corn eaten immediately after being picked is the best.) Taylor obviously enjoyed the hell out of it!
PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

P.S.-Taylor went to sleep in her bed last night!! She wanted to go to bed in her "big girl" bed. I laid in the bed with her and we read some stories and she sacked out. This is the first time in a long time that we have not had to lay down in my bed with the t.v. to go night-night!! We brought her into our bed around midnight! I am not quite ready for her to wake up at 2 am and freak out looking for me. Baby steps remember....

Thanks for caring,

K

7 comments:

Anonymous,  June 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

Damn you look hot picking corn..sa

Molly June 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Look at her poor bug bites! At least you got out and did something different and didn't waste the day inside!

Heather June 12, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

I bet that was fun! A little country, but I'm not one to judge! I've been to my fair share of corn mazes in the fall.

Mama Dawg June 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

That looks like so much fun!

Kim June 14, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

oh.my.gosh! She is too cute! And I'm picturing her losing it when her blanket touched her while she was in the bed!! hahah! Thanks for the laugh!

Candice June 14, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

We got your humidity here in Dallas. YUCK!!

Love the corn pics. Your little girl is so cute.

sassy stephanie June 16, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

Whhhhyyy are your posts not pooping in my reader? Yes, I said pooping, not popping.

She is a DOLL! Poor kid. Looks like she is super sensitive to nasty mosquitoes like my kiddos. Damn things.

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP