I wish I had had my camera....

 Friday, September 19, 2008


This is probably one of the most intimidating things i have ever had the courage to undertake in my life. I sat down to write and then I see that blinking cursor and the BLANK WHITE page and suddenly I feel as if I am back in Religion Class on the essay portion of a test.

I am not sure if i need a mission statement or a goal....I am just flying by the seat of my pants.
What I am aiming to do is let friends and family have a glimpse into the everyday life that is mine, well Taylor's. (you get the idea)

WARNING: Our life is not all that exciting but we might just entertain you as we, first time parents go on this roller coaster called parenthood. Naturally Shaun and I have very different approaches. If you can imagine, I never let go of the bar, I white knuckle it, hold my breath the entire time praying that nothing goes wrong and i don't throw up, hyperventilate, or pass out...But of course when it is all over I LOVE it! Can't wait to do it again... I just don't realize how much fun it is at the time. And Shaun of course, has his "Look Ma no hands" attitude. Hands thrown up in the air, hair blowing in the wind...enjoying every moment of the ride! I am a little jealous that he can do this with such abandonment.

I also wanted a way to become a little more organized. Deep down inside I truly want to be an organized, neat "a place for everything and everything in its place" type of person, but i just fail on the follow through. I just don't know where to start. I have many places to start but it is soooo overwhelming that I quit before i even begin. Plus, I get distracted, I want to walk down memory lane and I fall into that "may need it one day" trap. One of my favorite excuses for hanging onto crap. I need some OCD from K. I am a certified Pack rat. I keep EVERYTHING!! I am s l o w l y beginning to realize that i can get rid of stuff and still be okay. EXCEPT for my books. They go nowhere! I love my books like I love my friends! They are a part of me! Many (OK most) of them have traveled around the Southeast with me. Now that I am completely out in left field......

I want write down all the little things that happen that are so cute now, but you'll never remember tomorrow!

This morning Taylor comes into the bathroom as I am getting dressed and she is brushing her teeth. You are thinking that is great, that is what she is suppose to be doing. But,....wait for it...she is brushing her teeth with one of those GIANT toothbrushes that you catch at a Mardi Gras parade. I wish I had had my camera........

It is way past by bedtime. Add more tomorrow. (when I figure out the pic. thing).

Thanks for caring,

K

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP