Hi....I'm still around.

 Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I am on the hunt. I have been sitting at this computer non-stop for the past week trying to find a new job. The hardest part is that I am not quite sure what I want to do, so I am not sure what I am looking for. It is quite a conundrum.

It has been a very trying time for us over at the Carty Casa. I have NEVER been "laid off" from a job before, so not only is this a shock to our wallets it is also a shock to my confidence as well. I am not going to go into much detail but suffice to say that all of this came out of the blue. I had no idea that my job was in jeopardy. I have found out that the following Tuesday (Monday was Labor Day) there was already a new person at my desk. What the heck?! He had apparently interviewed and hired someone else to fill my position and I was non the wiser. That is all I have to say about that.......

We are trying to potty train Tay and it is not going very well. She is just not that interested in it AT ALL!!! I cannot seem to get across the idea to her to tell us before she goes not after. I tried a timer. Every 10 minutes when the bell would go off we would put her on the potty. Several times she would go and a couple of times she would not go, but 3 minutes later she would pee in the middle of the living room and come running legs wide yelling "Pee Pee, Pee Pee" Ugh.... Suggestions and comments are welcome!!!! Oh and why is she sticking her hands in her pants after she goes? Even after poo...!? GROSS!

One more thing, with this unemployment business I have had the unfortunate privilege to have first hand experience with the inter workings of several government programs and departments. If this a precursor as to the way our "NEW AND IMPROVED HEALTH CARE PLAN" (sic) is going to be handled...I hope I never get sick because WE ARE ALL SCREWED!!!!

Thanks for caring,
K

4 comments:

Carrin September 16, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

Sorry to hear about the job. It sucks that your boss had to be so sneaky aobut it. That's just rude!
The potty training will get there. One day it will just click for her. The waiting is the tough part.

Molly September 17, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

That is awful for them to give you no excuse or explination. Maybe he was friends with the guy. Who knows.

I have no potty training advice! I am totally scared of it!

Momma Chae September 23, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

OK - I feel better. :) I guess I'm not the only one having potty training difficulties! Good luck to both of us!!

Rachel October 3, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

Ugh. Potty Training. Thank you for sharing that it's not always pretty. Makes a mama feel better.

Post a Comment

Let me have it!! These shoulders are broad I can handle it!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP